In tropical Dallas that have high rainfall, generally existing housing, roofed tile, zinc or asbestos, and not so much a roofed deck. And for some reason most of the roof still use the gutters as a complement to the roof, which serves as a temporary rainwater reservoir before falling to the ground, although the house is modern or minimalist.
Gutter is usually located behind the house, a meeting between the opposite tile, there is even located on the side and front of the house. The home water gutter can be installed from several services companies, such Gutters Dallas. It does not matter having the gutter of knowing and routinely taking care of it. Then what if your house has a leak problem on the gutter. Here I will explain how to fix the water gutter leaking.
- Fix the steel gutters of steel, galvanized, and zinc.
Check first the cause of gutters leakage, if the gutters are made of PVC plastic, zinc and carpet may be from the loose connection or glue adhesion is not good anymore. PVC gutters are perforated or perforated due to already fragile, the zinc gutters may also be fragile due to rusting.
- Fix concrete casting gutters
Actually, this concrete cast grille is the best gutters in terms of strength and durability. But sometimes there are some cases of water gutter seeping, so there is a puddle on the floor of the house. Hopefully the following trick can help deal with the problem.
- Check the leak point on the gutter, if the gutter is above the ceiling. But if the position of the gutter is far above the ceiling you can check it over the ceiling, enter through the ceiling emergency door. If the leak point has been found, measure and mark the leaky ceiling part of the closest wall. This makes it easier for us to repair the gutter from above.
- Concrete casting gutters can leak or seep from several possible causes, including: poor cast dough at foundry, not re-coated on top after casting, or poorly grouted gutters, the connection between cast concrete and old walls Which does not coalesce as a result of not being broken.
- Check by watering the gutters of some buckets, if there is a puddle in the middle or some point on the floor of the chamfer, then this will cause seepage, because the water is too long stagnant will certainly seep down and there was a leak at some point.
- The solution is to make thickening on the floor of gutters using mortar and concrete sand. Perform the following steps: prepare gray cement, and saturated concrete sand dough with a ratio of 1 part cement and 1.5 parts of concrete sand, give enough water until it becomes dough plaster. If the tip of the roof (either tile or asbestos or zinc) disturb, slide first so there is a loose space for us to repair gutter.
- Place the yarn on the gutters at both ends of the gutter, use concrete nails as handles. Adjust the slope towards the drainage gutter. Spread and flatten cement and sand dough threads using wooden beads and rubbing, stitching height should be flush with thread, rub and puree the plastering surface of the gutters. Do not let the grooves that cause water stagnant.